Acoustical Putty Pads
Discounts shown in cart.
Availability: IN STOCK
Acoustical Putty Pads are UL classified for both non-metallic and metallic outlet boxes to prevent the spread of smoke, fire and toxic gases.
Acoustical Putty Pads are UL classified for both non-metallic and metallic outlet boxes to prevent the spread of smoke, fire and toxic gases. Putty pads are sized to cover standard size outlet boxes and are designed to work with sound rated wall assemblies.
- UL classified
- Maintains acoustical ratings per ASTM C 919 and ASTM E 497
- Testing to UL 263 (ASTM E119) and UL 1479 (ASTM E814)
- Outstanding adhesion to outlet boxes and other substrates
- Non-Hardening, permanently resilient
- Complies with Section 712.3.2 of 2006 IBC
- UL listed for metallic and non-metallic outlet boxes
Unsealed outlet boxes are known to weaken the soundproofing rating (STC) in acoustic assemblies. A wall designed for noise control will not perform to expectations when outlets are unsealed, particularly when outlets are back-to-back in the same stud cavity. Acoustical Putty Pads can be hand formed around the back of the outlet and lightboxes to prevent this common sound leakage problem in stud walls.
- Package: 10 pads per box
- Thickness: 1/8″
- Size: 7.25″ by 7.25″
- Color: Red
- Cure time: none
- Application Temp: About 32˚F
- Flame Spread: 5
- Smoke Index: 15
- Remove the release paper from the Putty Pads.
- Inspect the fire-rated outlet box to make sure it is properly installed and free of dirt and oil.
- Starting at side of the box, align the Putty Pad to the front edge of the box and overlap onto the stud.
- Cut the Putty Pad to allow the pad to fit around conduits or cables.
- Pleat the extra material at the corners
- Fold the pleated corners into place and firmly press the Putty Pad into place so that the entire surface of the back of the outlet box is covered.
Shipping & Liability Statement
$100 Minimum Order for FREE SHIPPING
Additional $25 Shipping Charge for orders less than $100.
Warehouse Fee of +$10 per order.
60 Days on all Returns All returned unused items are subject to warehouse and 20% re-stock fees. No Returns on Open/Partial Cases, Pails, Single Tubes, Outlet Putty Pads
The Soundproofing Company presents these products and construction concepts with the understanding that local Building Codes vary. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure product is properly installed, and that these concepts meet local Building Code. The Soundproofing Company is not liable for mis-installation or non-compliance with local code.
Soundproofing Company, Inc.
527 W. Morley Dr. Saginaw, MI. 48601
Support: (800) 397-8791
Noisy floors are a significant and growing issue as more people are opting for hard surface flooring. This creates distinct soundproofing challenges. We offer solutions tailored to your commercial or residential needs.